BMW Group had acquired the racing/BMX and dirt bike division of Husqvarna a.k.a.: “Husqy” and needed a FAST way to implement a system to run this new business and quickly integrate it to their global SAP financial/accounting system. We got the surprise call standing in the middle of Staples buying office supplies, after they searched for a provider who could do Navision (now Dynamics NAV) to run the division, with an integrated PORTAL for their 500+ North American dealers to order/configure bikes, and order parts. They came to the right place!
With an impossible deadline of 3 months, we sprang into action, leveraging our experience with rules-based configuration matrices, and an offshore development team, to deliver within budget and on time:
- Implemented ERP, Custom Reporting/Analysis, and upload to SAP global ERP.
- CORE FUNCTIONALITY DEVELOPED:
- RULES-BASED CONFIGURATION MATRIX
- Color-Size-Style-Width-Options (fashion-apparel-footwear) MATRIX was adapted and customized for configuration of motorcycle options
- High-transaction-volume, high-flexibility, high-performance
- Built high-volume B2B e-Commerce portal site for retailers/dealers to order bikes, parts, process returns, manage orders, integrated to ERP.
- Fast implementation and launch on tight deadline – accomplished successfully!
— RandoMatrix (formerly DreamIT) —